WELCOME

Welcome to my blog!!!! My name is Justin Epure and I am currently an undergraduate student at Tiffin University. My blogs will explore all different areas of the sporting world. I hope you enjoy and feel free to leave any type of comment good or bad.

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Super Bowl XLV Advertisements

Most of the time when you are watching a sporting event you see signs on the scoreboards or possible around the benches.  Given this notion it was surprising that in this years Super Bowl there was not much of that happening.  During the game there were not many shots of signs that were hanging around the Stadium, for the most part it was the occasional glimpse of something small.  The most advertising present on television besides the commercials had to be the Gatorade signs.  It seemed that every time the camera did a bench shot you saw either a Gatorade towel, cup or sign that was posted near the bench.  In my opinion, Gatorade got there money worth for their in stadium advertising because there logo was showed on television multiple times.  Some of the other signs that were shown on television during the game were Bridgestone and Budlight.  For the most part Bridgestone sign was only shown during the half time show because they were they major sponsor for the show.  The thing that surprised me the most was the limited times that the Budlight signs were shown.  There was only a small glimpse of a larger sign posted in the stadium and the most surprising glimpse was when they showed a sign in the back tunnel as they took an injured player into the locker room.  Other than the signage in the stadium the announcers made occasional plugs about the major sponsors of the game.  The company that the announcers during and after the game plugged the most had to be Chevy.  This also included an little Chevy symbol that was on the bottom of the post game tags on the bottom of the page.  If I had to say for the most parts Fox did not do a very good job at showing the signage around the stadium.  If I were a company that paid to put my sign inside the stadium, I would be upset about the little amount that my sign was shown.

No comments:

Post a Comment