WELCOME

Welcome to my blog!!!! My name is Justin Epure and I am currently an undergraduate student at Tiffin University. My blogs will explore all different areas of the sporting world. I hope you enjoy and feel free to leave any type of comment good or bad.

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Week 5: Hardwork and Dedication

In today's economy not many industries are doing very well and struggling to keep their head above water week in and week out.  It just so happens that the golf industry has been one of the hardest in the sports industry.  At Pipestone we have not got by without being scathed by this recession.  Which is why lately I have been called upon to cover multiple jobs the are crucial to the function of the golf course.  While earlier in the summer I was mostly in the pro shop or doing behind the scenes work, now I have been picking the range, washing golf carts and even doing some food and beverage jobs.  It has been more work on my part, but it is more cost effective for the course to have myself do multiple jobs, rather than have 2 or 3 other people spread out doing three different task.  It is understandable for my supervisor to do this, and honestly I would have initiated this much earlier in the summer to help out the bottom line.  If there has been one thing that I have learned in this past week is that in a small operation such as Pipestone is, you must have dedicated staff members willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done.  This speaks true for every one of my co-workers, we all work very hard because we realize if the course were to get into money trouble each and everyone of us would be out of work.  I just hope when I get into my first supervisor role that I have employees as dedicated as the ones at Pipestone.

No comments:

Post a Comment